Rob Pyne loves Cairns. He is currently a member of the Cairns Queensland Parliament. He was elected in January 2012.
Rob was born in Gordonvale, Queensland and raised in Edmonton. He worked at various professions until breaking his neck in 1991, becoming a quadriplegic. He then decided to embark on a study so he could re-enter the workforce.
Rob Pyne achieved his Bachelor of the Arts with honours in History and Politics from James Cook University. He then went on to gain his Bachelor of Laws in Admin Law and Government from Queensland University of Technology.
Rob has volunteered for a number of different community bodies serving in several different positions:
- President of JCU Cairns Student Assoc.
- President of Rights in Action
- Director of the Australian Quadriplegic Association
- Member of the Disability Council of Queensland
- Member of the Physical Disability Council of Qld
- Member of the Physical Disability Council of Australia
Rob currently lives with his wife and daughter in Mount Sheridan. He was employed by James Cook University in 200 until 2008 when he was elected to represent Division 3 on Cairns Regional Council. As a result of his hard work and dedication, he was re-elected in 2012.